• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difference between Wall Coverings and Wall Wraps

Chicken Quasar

Hi Everyone,
LONG time lurker and enjoyer of this amazing community. My company primarily does wall wraps with calendared and cast films. Today a customer came in with a quote on an industrial wall covering. It was very thick, very rigid and had virtually no overlapping seams. I believe this is more in the wallpaper realm than the wall wrap realm because we always lay a 1 inch overlap.

I was just curious how much overlap these two disciplines have or if they are very different.

Does anybody out there do both and if so could you please shed some light as to what to expect as far as install and pricing goes? If I'm not mistaken, the wall covering world is much more expensive than the typical wall wraps that we are used to.

Thank you!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Pretty much what Victor said. We do wall murals all the time with adhesive vinyl, and we print miles of wall paper, that we blind ship all over the country. Unless a wall paper hanger specifies differently, we do a 1" overlap for both adhesive wall murals and wall paper. For the Wall paper they do a double cut.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I have not done a full wall covering, but used Quickstick by Sihl to do a 6ftx18ft wide wall mural. I printed and butt cut the over inch over laps, install went well, but I should have cleaned the wall better. I would have spent the money for Phototex looking back, but use what was in stock. If you are using an HP latex printer be sure to re-calibrate the feed, even if it looks good expect you first panel to be longer than the first panel; I have had this happen even when I start panels hook up to the TU.

I have not done a full wall covering, but used Quickstick by Sihl to do a 6ftx18ft wide wall mural. I printed and butt cut the over inch over laps, install went well, but I should have cleaned the wall better. I would have spent the money for Phototex looking back, but use what was in stock. If you are using an HP latex printer be sure to re-calibrate the feed, even if it looks good expect you first panel to be longer than the first panel; I have had this happen even when I start panels hook up to the TU.

e mail me an let me send u free material for next time, my pleasure. walterjr@phototexgroup.com

guillermo

Pretty much what Victor said. We do wall murals all the time with adhesive vinyl, and we print miles of wall paper, that we blind ship all over the country. Unless a wall paper hanger specifies differently, we do a 1" overlap for both adhesive wall murals and wall paper. For the Wall paper they do a double cut.
Great information about the wall wrap and wall covering, but what is a double cut?.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Great information about the wall wrap and wall covering, but what is a double cut?.
Double cutting wallpaper is when you overlap wallpaper at the seams and then make a vertical cut down the middle, with a knife, through both layers of wallpaper. Once you remove the scraps and smooth the wallpaper back down on the wall, it creates a seamless look.

Chicken Quasar

Thanks for sharing your info!

guillermo

Double cutting wallpaper is when you overlap wallpaper at the seams and then make a vertical cut down the middle, with a knife, through both layers of wallpaper. Once you remove the scraps and smooth the wallpaper back down on the wall, it creates a seamless look.
thank you. I have seen that in wall paper, just a new building in campus.