• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Juice Fonts Now Shipping

ahollow

I got the email at 8:24 this morning and had the order placed by 8:30. I've been following these since they announced them, what about 6 months ago?

I don't think they will replace all my other fonts, and they are not really fonts, per se, since you design, filter, etc, then you have to regurgitate them into png, jpg, etc to use them.

I'm looking forward to using them, and the half price ($249) plus $50 in free coupons didn't hurt, either.

Air Art Girl

I got the email at 8:24 this morning and had the order placed by 8:30.

I'm looking forward to using them, and the half price ($249) plus $50 in free coupons didn't hurt, either.

well you beat me, but I got them shortly after opening the email though, lol.

They definately won't replace regular fonts but will be fun to do some work with them. Should save some time and be fun. HOpe the $50 certificates don't have an expiration date.

TheSnowman

Oh man. I would love to cash in on that. I already ordered other stuff from them this week, I'll have to sleep on this one, but normally by then, it's already too late.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
why cant we use other fonts and add those effects?

You can in Photoshop easily. You can setup layers of editable type. One as the fill and one as the outline and add actions to create the layer effects. The main benefit is that they've already created combinations that you can demo to customers for a quickly closed sale.

I think their fills are mostly very nice. Their choice of fonts is open to question.

Techman

yes fred,, that what i was thinking..
Those fonts are not all that great.. Just lots of eye candy

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The choice of typefaces leaves much to be desired. Rather anemic.

Rather than the plethora of fills, some of which aren't half bad, some of which suck the big hairy wet one, on a handful of dubious typefaces it would be far more useful to have an engine that would apply those sorts of fills to whatever typeface you chose to use.

Certainly you can do the same sorts of things with Alien Skin et. al. but an engine that would deal with and maintain the image as a font, with all of the attendant changeability of a font, rather than always having to schlep it into a bitmap.

Being able to vary both the typeface as well as the fill would be orders of magnitude more useful.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
for me...what attracts me to those fonts is the fact that they're ready to go and would work perfectly with my DTG....it's a way of providing something catchy for a $25 shirt and i don't have to put a lot of time into the design.....for sign use....i probably wouldn't use them....

Shovelhead

for me...what attracts me to those fonts is the fact that they're ready to go and would work perfectly with my DTG....it's a way of providing something catchy for a $25 shirt and i don't have to put a lot of time into the design.....for sign use....i probably wouldn't use them....

Then that will work fine in your case...$250 is a little steep
for 10 minutes worth of research and then applying the style on ANY font.
:thumb:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Then that will work fine in your case...$250 is a little steep
for 10 minutes worth of research and then applying the style on ANY font.

it's the time involved to apply the style.....i can spend two hours laying out and printing one shirt.....or i can spend those same two hours printing ten different designs....i haven't placed my order yet...simply because of the cost....

zmatalucci

very true.
I don't want to bust any stones, but the effects they are selling are VERY easy to accomplish with ps. You can even get a plugin that will do it automatically.

Shovelhead

it's the time involved to apply the style.....i can spend two hours laying out and printing one shirt.....or i can spend those same two hours printing ten different designs....i haven't placed my order yet...simply because of the cost....

Less than 10 seconds depending how complicated the style is to render.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Less than 10 seconds depending how complicated the style is to render.

agreed....most of the bevel fonts can be easily recreated in a matter of seconds...but what about the attached?? 10 seconds? i don't think so....personally, i would prefer in the fonts were available for individual sale or in smaller groups...because, as stated above, some of the fonts are easily recreated....again, hence the reason why i haven't forked over the cash yet...

Attachments

• balloons.JPG
    balloons.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 71

Deaton Design

Its pretty cool stuff for sure, but just wondering, are they a merchant here?
They get a pretty good amount of press here, if they arent they should be.

Shovelhead

agreed....most of the bevel fonts can be easily recreated in a matter of seconds...but what about the attached?? 10 seconds? i don't think so....personally, i would prefer in the fonts were available for individual sale or in smaller groups...because, as stated above, some of the fonts are easily recreated....again, hence the reason why i haven't forked over the cash yet...

Don't do it!
Fight the man!!!!