• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital pricing

GVP

Greetings!

Just wondering what you do for pricing digital. I'm not looking for actual prices, but rather what kind of formula do you base your prices on? Obviously the cost of the materials comes into play, but what else do you take into account? I know many people have a 'per sq.ft' price, but how did you arrive at that? Our current pricing seems to be based on what went before, but no-one can remember how we got there!

2B

suggest doing a search,

there have been SEVERAL threads on this. off the top of my head Fred has on of the best post detailing it out. can't remember when it was though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cost of media, ink, computer time, run-time, overhead, employees, insurance, delivery charges if any, do you need to add design time, how long will the customer badger you and waste time, mistakes, head strikes, contour cuts, returns, and just plain having a bad day charge.

Once you put all of that into it.... then figure in your profit and taxes.

Probably be a buck two fifty. :smile: