• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Printing on translucent white substrates.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I believe I've posted about backlit materials before but maybe again might help, although I don't know your exact application.

Consider matching material layers that share some characteristics. Acrylic glass is rather dimensionally stable as well as being optically clear which is compatible with optically clear acrylic adhesive film which is compatible with polyester print film / media which is also dimensionally stable. These materials also share some inherent UV protection.

At least one source of the media can be found at the following link...

https://www.ultraflexx.com/product/bravura-backlit-ltx-190/

JBurton

Signtologist
sorry 6000rp
That one is what I use for anything with an exposed edge, like push through acrylic, or plotted graphics.
I'm dumbfounded about the 4500G Clear, I'll reach out to my reps and see if anything has changed in the past 10 years that I've been using it. I also feel stupid for recommending it, providing a pdf, and not even looking as far down as you did.

JBurton

Signtologist
So my GSG rep said he reached out to Arlon, his response to me:
Apparently that is an old data sheet. They have completed the testing on latex inks with their clear vinyl and clear adhesive. They are in the process of updating all that but it is compatible with Latex inks so you should be good to go.