• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Do you fab awnings in house?

hcardwell93

I can fabricate awnings in house as long as they do not contain any radii. For those of you who make awnings what tool do you use to roll your square tube and how do you get repeatable results?

Thanks!

Johnny Best

I worked in an awning company years ago. They did not use square tubing but only schedule 40 steel pipe. They had a large tube bender and had an adjustment gage underneith. I would draw the curve I needed on the shop floor and slowly bend the pipe till I got the shape I needed by laying it on the pattern to match up. Then everything would be welded up for the awning frame.
Those tube bending machines are expensive, might be better to make a pattern and find a local metal fabricator to make the tubing bend for you.

visual800

we sell and letter alot of awnings, we work with a local awning company and they also fab all my aluminum framing for signage. They have a roller machine with 2 rollers at bottom and one on top that cranks down on it. I would love for the pic to upload but this pos upload says file is too large

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
You could use a table mounted vise, or even a press brake, if you take your time.
A roller, though, would be the right tool for the job so if you're looking for repeatability, I suggest investing in one.

hcardwell93

we sell and letter alot of awnings, we work with a local awning company and they also fab all my aluminum framing for signage. They have a roller machine with 2 rollers at bottom and one on top that cranks down on it. I would love for the pic to upload but this pos upload says file is too large
It sounds like they are using what I have been looking into.

I have an outfit I have outsourced to before and I'm just looking to bring some more production under my roof and possibly be a sub for other local shops.

visual800

I will add this, around here bubbles are out! Ive personally never liked them away BUT that is a handy tool to have as they still do alot of canopies with arches on them