• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does all 3M have markings on the backing paper?

gnubler

Interesting thread.

Would be nice if all the manufacturers had markings on the liner identifying the type of vinyl. I like the grid on Orafol products spaced out in 10cm increments for when I'm cutting with a straightedge.

BigNate

Interesting thread.

Would be nice if all the manufacturers had markings on the liner identifying the type of vinyl. I like the grid on Orafol products spaced out in 10cm increments for when I'm cutting with a straightedge.
be careful - you may upset the Vinyl Cartel. They secretly control all of the world's vinyl supply - occasionally they mess up a shipment and we see things like what triggered this thread. Making every "manufacturer" have a printed label, they cannot as easily divert shipments to areas with lesser inventory. Just the fact that they print on a few backers is proof they can manipulate some of the people - "yep it has 'XXXX' on the backer, it must be legit".

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
be careful - you may upset the Vinyl Cartel. They secretly control all of the world's vinyl supply - occasionally they mess up a shipment and we see things like what triggered this thread. Making every "manufacturer" have a printed label, they cannot as easily divert shipments to areas with lesser inventory. Just the fact that they print on a few backers is proof they can manipulate some of the people - "yep it has 'XXXX' on the backer, it must be legit".
Most of the vehicle graphics I sell are shipped directly to installers who demand quality and they really like to see that 3M logo on the liner...gives them the warm fuzzies.