• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double sided banner

mark galoob

i have a mutoh 54" printer and it prints single side banners fine...i would like to print double sided banners on it...is this even possible and if so is there anything i need to be aware of before i start...

mark galoob

J Hill Designs

flip the image for 1 =)

mark points so you can bring the material to same start point. maybe build in an error margin bleed.

other than that, trial, error, trial, trial, :banghead::banghead::frustrated:, trial, success :thumb:

phototec

Ok, I have never printed a two-sided banner either, I assume you need special banner material that is made for two sided printing, is that correct?

If so, what is it called (specifications)?

Thanks

:thankyou:

Mosh

banner material is so cheap just print two banners....trust me by the time you monkey around and get it to line up you could have printed 3-4 banners. BTW unless you have block-out material it will look bad anyway. Been there done that.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I agree with Mosh wholeheartedly! It looks bad in the sun unless you have Blockout Banner material, and it's not worth the price.

mark galoob

I agree with Mosh wholeheartedly! It looks bad in the sun unless you have Blockout Banner material, and it's not worth the price.

normally, i print 2 like mosh suggests, however this is going indoors at a gun show and it will be high up, so weight is kind of a factor here.

mark galoob

Mosh

use a marker and put a make on the printer and on both sides of the material, then after it prints flip it over and line that mark (now on the back side ) up at the same place in the printer.

1. make sure to run 1'-2' feet of material out BEFORE you print and 1-2 after you print.
(so when you print the back you won't run out of material in the printer)
2. make sure you load the material so you don't have one side upside down.
3. See my previous post....

rjssigns

Goes real fast, but only if you have a print/cut machine. It allows you to drop the blade in a reference hole you poke in the banners corner.

fozzie

Also, with solvent or Eco solvent inks you will have better luck using matte banner instead of gloss. Gloss banner will have more "tack" and the printed side (when reloaded) will stick more to the printer than matte manner will. Either way you may have to figure out media feed for the second side.

phototec

banner material is so cheap just print two banners....trust me by the time you monkey around and get it to line up you could have printed 3-4 banners. BTW unless you have block-out material it will look bad anyway. Been there done that.

Mosh, this is a good tip, that way I don't have to purchase special material for an occasional two-sided banner!

:thankyou: