• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dropping prints

dj_elite

So I went to do my first large print yesterday since my printer has been back up and running. It printed about a third of the way through and stopped. I searched the forums came up with a voltage check on the power board. I did this and adjusted to 5.15 volts like it stated on a board with letter E and later which is what I have. Didnt help. I turned everything off on my computer related to power savings thinking something was triggering this. It did not help! The furthest it would print was about 3/4 of the way and stopped. My smaller prints print fine. So then I thought maybe it was a corrupted file. Made a new file with the same image, saved it as a different name, tried it again and boom no luck! The service bulliten states you can go up to 5.2 volts I tried all the way up to 5.19 still no luck! So then I was thinking maybe it was my wireless connection from my desktop to my router, went out bought a ethernet cable and hard wired it. STILL NO LUCK! I am at wits end with this. Can anyone please help me with this?

Mutoh Prismjet extra 38" (falcon jr, rockhopper 38)
Dell i7 running windows 7 64 bit
Flexi 8.6v2
TE 100 P2U1P Print server

dj_elite

So I searched the forums more and found that you can turn the voltage up to 5.3 volts and one user actually turned his up to 5.35 volts to get his to work properly. I just readjusted mine to 5.25 volts and I got a full print!. Hopefully this was the fix. The Mutoh service bulletin states up to 5.2 volts. If anyone thinks my voltage is too high please let me know

MikePro

did you check the space available on your computer?
i've lost prints before because my rip software backs up the rip file as its printing and stops dead when it runs out of space.

dj_elite

Do you use Flexi? If so where do I find that option? I have tried everything and thought it was the voltage problem. I printed all day today fine. On my last print which was a small file, about 30" wide x 6" tall, it stopped just about 2" into the print? I do think I am seeing a pattern though. Seems like if I am on the computer working it will print fine, but if I start printing and walk away thats when problems occur. I have all the power saving options turned off. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Windows 7 (64) is my OS

dj_elite

I have a seperate print server. My Mutoh didnt come with a built in one! But I have tried resetting it

dj_elite

I will try the non RIP test. I didnt even think of dirty power. Just did a check and sure enough that outlet has no ground. I plugged it in a different outlet that has a ground. Lets see if that helps! Thanks for the help so far guys!

randya

I will try the non RIP test. I didnt even think of dirty power. Just did a check and sure enough that outlet has no ground. I plugged it in a different outlet that has a ground. Lets see if that helps! Thanks for the help so far guys!

You should try and put the printer on a dedicated circuit.
Noise from a laminator, or shop equipment, etc.

dj_elite

So far so good, but I have been working at the computer while printing. I am about to make a print and leave the computer to make the post office. Let hope its still printing when I get back!

dj_elite

Came back from post office and my print was still printing. Finished the whole print. Lets hope thats what the problem was

dj_elite

Ran the power cord to a outlet that has a ground. The one it was plugged into was an old one that had no ground

dj_elite

Well I didnt know. The service has been changed throughout the place and updated with a new service box, new breakers, and new outlets. Apparently a few of the outlets are still using old wiring. Just happened to be one I had the printer plugged into....