• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Dryed out CAD cut / masked decals

Chuck Taylor

We CAD cut and masked some white vinyl (unprinted) decals about 16 months ago, and the client just contacted me today to say they're not adhering to the mask or surface. They admitted these we not stored in a temperature controlled environment. How would you explain this to the customer?

rjssigns

Depends on how good the client is. Personally, I don't warranty client installed vinyl. You never know the install conditions, substrate or if it's clean and the skill of the installer.

Chuck Taylor

You've made a very good point, and thank you for your response. Manufacturer says one year life span, if stored at 15 °C and 25 °C (+59 °F to +77 °F) with a relative humidity of 50 % and 4 years once applied.
They admitted that they did not store these pieces in a temperature controlled environment :(
I guess it's time to add more terms and conditions to my "growing" list of disclaimers.