• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx4 Head & Where To Purchase?

Charly L

I'm considering buying a new dx4 head. I'm torn between sigin-in-china & digiprint? Which do you think is the more reputable company?
Charly

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Digiprint Supplies

Have not bought a print head from them but did get a maintenance station, damper set, pinch rollers, head data cables and a few other things.
Shipped quick and the stuff that arrived was what I expected. The only issue is to make sure you know what it is you need and order the correct parts. Their help line is ok but not the best.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Signchief

I would recommend solventinkjet.com because they are AMERICAN! Plus they are very willing to take time to answer questions and they offer free tech support. Plus you know you're gonna get what you paid for. I would be more comfortable ordering from Belgium over china in general.

equippaint

Didnt you just ask this in a different post today? Seems like this is some sort of plug for your site because on both you mentioned the same site. Unless somethings changed with the new ownership, you need to pay and become a merchant member like the rest of the merchants here. The site has bills to pay too and this is how that happens. I highly doubt its an "american" company either after looking at the site, it smells of china with the usa inventory or whatever. Your prices are high too btw. Spend a few bucks, buy a merchant member account and spam away but quit hiding behind this i need a new head nonsense. I replied to your first post witha genuine answer and it really pisses me off that i wasted my time logging in when this was nothing but a trap.
Wheres the moderator? He sulking somewhere over the bait he keeps getting?

Charly L

Equipaint calm down. I am genuinely working on a sc540. I was asking why I should justify $260+ for the same product that other websites have for less. I've read enough to know that the dx4 isn't made in China. Digiprint is Belgium and Sign-in-China is Japan. Hence my question to the folks plugging are they a distributor question for a Roland warranty if I were to pay a tech to come out. Because while I would rather support an American company I can't justify the $260+ upcharge when everyone pays the same wholesale.

On another note Digiprint's online chat was very helpful.

Equipaint, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Signchief

Roland's warranty? I think you should be asking Roland that question or maybe try to find a local Roland certified tech and see if they can help guide you.

Signchief

The company i suggested sells genuine printheads. Maybe that's how you can justify spending more I would ask Andy where you can buy a printhead he will install and get one there.

phototec

Equipaint calm down. I am genuinely working on a sc540. I was asking why I should justify $260+ for the same product that other websites have for less. I've read enough to know that the dx4 isn't made in China. Digiprint is Belgium and Sign-in-China is Japan. Hence my question to the folks plugging are they a distributor question for a Roland warranty if I were to pay a tech to come out. Because while I would rather support an American company I can't justify the $260+ upcharge when everyone pays the same wholesale.

On another note Digiprint's online chat was very helpful.

Equipaint, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. :)

The dx4 head is NOT made by Roland, it's made by Epson, at least the ones made in Japan, and when you purchase through Roland they warranty them, when you purchase 3rd party form China you really don't know what you get and there is NO warranty. Those cheap heads from China may be dx4 heads that failed final QC at the Epson factory in Japan, lots of time they don't come with hard ranking numbers, that should tell you something right there.

Not to sound like a smart ass, but at my age I learned you GET what you PAY FOR, so keep that in mind.

I recently purchased some very cheap China AA rechargeable batteries on ebay which were advertised at 3000mAh batteries, they were cheaper that all the others. So after charging them I checked the mAh rating in a battery analyzer, and they measure from 274 to 285 mAh, that's 1/10th of what they were labeled and advertised to be..

I got what I paid for. I done whit cheap Chinese knock offs

And something as important as the print head that makes your living, I would not cheap out with a dx4 head that you have NO warranty and you could end up paying to replace it again in a few months, then you will be paying twice to save $26O

Hey i'm not trying to argue with you, just giving you my opinion.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Charly L

I follow that philosophy most of the time.
4 heads x 1150 MSRP and what it retails at most places that are Roland distributors.
That equals $4600 bucks

4 heads from elsewhere at $515 = $2060
+515 = 2575 if one head is bad.

That's still a $2000 savings for what is the same product from the same company.

Earlier, I mentioned the dx4 never mentioned "Roland dx4". With that said Epson makes all the printheads. No one in China does. They just resell them.

Charly L

The company i suggested sells genuine printheads. Maybe that's how you can justify spending more I would ask Andy where you can buy a printhead he will install and get one there.

So they are recognized by Roland and If I get a Roland tech I will have a 30 day warranty from Roland, unless of course their is a head crash or scuff which invalidates the warranty?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Didnt you just ask this in a different post today? Seems like this is some sort of plug for your site because on both you mentioned the same site. Unless somethings changed with the new ownership, you need to pay and become a merchant member like the rest of the merchants here. The site has bills to pay too and this is how that happens. I highly doubt its an "american" company either after looking at the site, it smells of china with the usa inventory or whatever. Your prices are high too btw. Spend a few bucks, buy a merchant member account and spam away but quit hiding behind this i need a new head nonsense. I replied to your first post witha genuine answer and it really pisses me off that i wasted my time logging in when this was nothing but a trap.
Wheres the moderator? He sulking somewhere over the bait he keeps getting?

The only official Solventinkjet.com Signs101 account is this one and we are not affiliated with the OP of this post. The responses from people recommending our site are just a few of our 1000s of satisfied customers. If you want to come visit us in person you can come on down to 137 S Lincoln St. Denver, CO 80209. We have supported this site for many years with free advice and $$$$$ in merchant accounts and advertising. Take a look at the stats to the right for proof. We had 100s of likes and thanks before the new site reset the number.

Charly L

Why would I need to ask Roland, a distributor knows if they are legit or not. They can answer. So what is the verdict VanderJ, will Roland guarantee your print heads?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Why would I need to ask Roland, a distributor knows if they are legit or not. They can answer. So what is the verdict VanderJ, will Roland guarantee your print heads?

We are not an authorized Roland dealer and therefore they do not warranty them for us. The only way to get a full warranty on a head is to buy the head from an authorized dealer and have their certified tech install it. There is no other way to get a warranty. There is nothing wrong, except the ridiculously high prices, of going that way. Our business model is DIY which saves money but does carry an inherent risk which is why we offer free tech support.