• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX5 head source fo JV33 etc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good price +1.

I know in a fact that original mimaki jv33 print head will work on JV5 because we've sold quiet a few, followed up with customers - ok. Installed on customer's site here in s. California, happy face. We have JV33 print heads in stock.

To my best knowledge, compatibles will not work on JV5.

sdssrr

Manifold and rubber shield on Mimaki JV33 printhead

Hi please let me know if this is not the right place for posting this question and if I need to post somewhere else... but I'm trying to install a solvent manifold on the Mimaki JV33 printhead, note the printhead was the original Mimaki head and I just want to change the manifold. When removing the old manifold that was held by 3 screws, I found there is also a rubber gasket shield like thingy between the manifold and the pcb board of the printhead --- as already discussed by an earlier post in this thread. Now the problem is I can't seem to properly seal the manifold/rubber shield and printhead back together. When I run ink through the newly installed manifold and printhead, the ink just leaks from the space between the printhead PCB board and manifold!! I searched and cannot find any instruction for replacing the manifold for this printhead. Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably want to start a new thread in the Mimaki forum.

When replacing the manifold, make sure to tighten the screws down in a rotating pattern almost like replacing a spare tire. I usually make 3 to 4 rotations to make sure the manifold slowly moves down and tightens onto the head nice and straight. Also, make sure that you tighten them down until they do not spin anymore. Even 1 loose screw will cause the issue you are having.

getcustomized

I'm having the same issue with my rubber gasket. It doesn't seem to seal correctly onto the manifold. All the channels are getting ink through them except for the left most magenta. I tried finding this rubber gasket online but to no avail. Anyone know where to get this gasket? I don't want to use the gasket from the water based R1800 I jacked it out of .

getcustomized

I'm having the same issue with my rubber gasket. It doesn't seem to seal correctly onto the manifold. All the channels are getting ink through them except for the left most magenta. I tried finding this rubber gasket online but to no avail. Anyone know where to get this gasket? I don't want to use the gasket from the water based R1800 I jacked it out of .

Just an update. Installed another DX5 from an older R1800 that was unlocked and it fires on almost all nozzles now(must have firmware 2.20). I guess it wasn't the gasket it was just a bad head. Still would like to know where to purchase the gasket from if anyone knows. Thanks

oke

Dx5 head Source

Hello,
Thanks for your post regarding getting a dx5 printhead from a R1900.
I own a Galaxy UD1812 Eco Solvent large format printing machine. It is a china machine.
Please i have the following questions;

1. I need to know if a printhead from r1900 printers or its like would work on my machine stated above
2 I need to know the what other printers use the dx5 print head apart from r1900. I am looking at r2000 and r2400
3. I have not been able to find a refurbished r1900 from epson directly and i am afraid i might get one with a bad printhead if i get a used one from amazon or ebay.
4. My installed two printheads on my printer but couldn't achieve very perfect tiny text printouts so i removed one of the printheads and the engineer flushed it and preserved it by dipping the gold plate in solvent however when the one we were using got bad, we trued he replace the preserved one and it didn't print. All was trued and another engineer said the error was that we allowed the solvent to get to a sensitive electrical part of the printhead and nothing could be done to make that printhead work.
I need to know if there is a solution to such an issue.

I have attached a picture of an older printhead dismantled from the manifold just to show you the type specifically incase there is a difference.

Your kind response would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20160608-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20160608-WA0006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG-20160608-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20160608-WA0005.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 315