• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E commerce website options

Ok, I've searched like a good boy, but coming up short.

Currently we would like to add a template ecommerce portion to our existing website. This is how I see it ideally, we have our site which has a little option to visit our online store.

You click the online store option, it takes you to a do-it-yourself design website where you have clip art options, sizing and fonts, etc.

Theoretically your customers are able to design their own signs or coffee mugs or whatever...stuff that we don't do in house is subbed out to reliable contractors.

We've been contacted by VCG and their websites seems to do everything I want, but the whole process seems a bit fishy...not to mention the fees involved. Also after searching signs 101 they don't seem to be highly regarded.

Any ideas?

jtinker

Owner
firstly, as a software engineer myself the system you're talking about seems really specific. You could find software that does each of the things you're requesting but finding one that does all would prove difficult. If there is one I can only imagine what type of fees they have slapped on, in and underneath it. I would say get a feature list together and get it made custom, that way you pay flat fee and the software is yours to do with what you please, maybe sell it to some other guy looking to do the same thing.

All in all, any mid-rate php/javascript developer could have something like that pumped out in a couple weeks and at the end of the day its yours. If I had to guess it would be somewhere in the $2000-$4000 range considering the scope that I can gather from your description. The price would hinge on how deep your design software is going to be. But the image saving / payment gateway should be a peice of cake since its all pretty standard.

Another option would be to go with wordpress and just get a developer for that. You could have the ecommerce setup as a part of a template and have a plugin developed for the design part of it.

Davidford7

Not knowing whet platform your site is built on it's hard to recommend a solution. Best option is a Wordpress site, a Woo Commerce theme and a plugin to do what you want. I built on a few months ago and it only took a few mods from the plugin people to be specific to sign.
Davod

nate

Ok, I've searched like a good boy, but coming up short.

Currently we would like to add a template ecommerce portion to our existing website. This is how I see it ideally, we have our site which has a little option to visit our online store.

You click the online store option, it takes you to a do-it-yourself design website where you have clip art options, sizing and fonts, etc.

Theoretically your customers are able to design their own signs or coffee mugs or whatever...stuff that we don't do in house is subbed out to reliable contractors.

We've been contacted by VCG and their websites seems to do everything I want, but the whole process seems a bit fishy...not to mention the fees involved. Also after searching signs 101 they don't seem to be highly regarded.

Any ideas?

We are almost done with a solution to fit your need. If you'd like more information, send me a PM.

Thanks