• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E-Myth Revisited....Literally

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I bought the E-Myth Revisited (http://www.emyth.com) on audio book five years ago and it's been a wonderful resource. I listened to it a few times several years ago and then pulled it out again this evening. All I can say is wow. It's amazing how much more sense it makes now that my business is a few more miles down the road.

If you've never read the book or listened to the audio book, make it your New Year's resolution to do so. Most people would say there's a lot of fluff in the story line, but the takeaway message is absolutely priceless.

I've had the opportunity to work in several majorly "lop-sided" businesses where the wrong person (manager, entrepreneur or technician) is in charge.

Michael Gerber's words are spot on.

JB

trimguy

Loved that book. Been able to "duplicate" myself to work "on" the business a lil more instead of "in" the business.
Wasn't the story about a pie shop?

Techman

I read it long ago when it was just called " E myth. I read it cover to cover and had eveyr page filled with notes. Someone borrowed it. Then his wife dumped him for being a dummy. She refused to give it back to me she was so hateful.
Anyway, It was so enlightened I recommenced that every one read it.
That book literally changed my life.

signswi

Good sentiment, haven't read it but read many like it with the same message, build your business so that you're working on the business, not working in the business. I'd say over 90% of the small businesses we deal with have this problem.

Charlie J

I bought this book about a week ago because of this thread. I'm a little under halfway through it, and I'm loving it. I remember Jon Aston originally recommended it to me and I never took the time to buy it.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone on this forum.

iSign

another fan!!

I should get the audio one... it's been 6 or 8 years since I read it so I'm probably due for a refresher too... but think the audio version would be convenient these days...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Great read, another one which in my mind is the best ever is called "Execution:The Discipline of Getting Things Done" I read the book years ago and just got my audio CD's and wow what a great lesson about becoming disciplined in Execution. Highly reccomended!

Jon Aston

Just in case any of you are interested in audiobooks, but aren't familiar with it: Audible.com is a fantastic resource. I listen to books while I'm driving. It's a terrific way to turn otherwise unproductive time into highly productive time.

Oh - and great book!