• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ecosol max 2 ink in sp300v

Mikecolle

can i and should i switch out my inks to ecosol max 2 im surrently running ecosol max. is it possible to run the max 2 cartridges on the sp300v?

garyroy

Don't do that, I'm pretty sure it wont work well.
Eco-Sol Max2 ink came out probably 12 years after your printer.
Your printer, software, and print heads are not engineered to Max2 inks.
Someone might prove me wrong, but that's how I understand the ink situation.

Why would you want to anyway? Eco-Sol Max inks are awesome. We run them in 3 old Roland's.
Really sweet colors when you run the correct profile, and long lasting too.

Terry01

Whatever type of inks you run, you need to use all the same inks.. They have different drying properties and will tend to bleed if mixed. The imbedded profiles for inks that are in the printer, were only there for when a printer is not connected to a program that has various profiles, and is only a basic.
People will get on here that have never run SP series for there entire printing careers, with different ink types, different settings, different profiles that don't even have the name Roland in them, and tell you that you can and cant do this and that.

Terry01

So go ahead and try it then. If the machine goes down, send the service tech invoice to Terry01. :roflmao:
DX4 heads were around before the SP series of Rolands were released.. We used to use full solvent and mild solvent inks in those heads with solvent adapters. We also used the waterbased dx4 heads with solvent adapters. You are telling me nothing about DX4 heads..Learn your machine..Know it inside out and all its intricacies.
Also remember that Epson was around long before Roland..Who makes the heads?? Remember the old DX2 heads, we even ran solvent through those.. Used to pinch the heads out of old 1520 epsons and never needed to pay for new heads..

Last edited:

cornholio

The heads aren't the problem. It's the tubing. The solvent permeates through the tubing.
The Eco2 ink is the best for a long head life. (Max1 ink tends to give misfiring nozzles in black after 2 years or so...)

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I had a customer accidentally order the MAX2 inks so he put some regular MAX ink chips on them and used them like that. He had no issues but it was only 2 cartridges and he switched back after.

netsol

i have a couple old clients who regularly mix eco sol ink, eco sol max inks & eco sol max 2 inks
i play fast and loose with LOTS of things, but, would never do that with any of the printheads whose replacements i have to pay for