• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX help

Welder.man

I am having a problem with my FX (running omega 2.51) when I send a job to the printer it starts as normal I press the buttons on the FX as I always do the FX prints the job information and target and than the foil seems to spin without printing and the vinyl stops turning, It only does it every so often but always when I need it urgently, I have called Spandex for help and they just say to unplug it for a while that works sometimes but not always.

Can anyone please help or offer advise?

Thank you

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When this happens, I would suggest the following:

• Copy the file in Composer and paste it into a new workspace, then save it with a new name.
  • Run the job with the new file.
or

• Close the job in GSPPlot.
  • Using Windows Explorer, find the job and delete the file with the .PRM extension.
  • Resend the job to GSPPlot and see if it runs OK this time.

If either or both solutions work, then you are getting corruption for whatever reason either in sending the job from Composer to GSPPlot or from GSPPlot to the Spooler. You might also want to try creating an .SPL file in GSPPlot and then running the job directly from the Spooler. You should also check the setting on your Sentinel Driver Config to insure that your USB ports are set to Yes and your port or network connection that is set to send to the Edge is set to No.

Welder.man

Thank you for you help Fred I have tried your suggestions but it will still not print, just the same prints the job info and target than the foil stops printing but still winds through and the vinyl stops turning.

I might try uninstalling and reinstalling omega.

Simon

Welder.man

Fred I unplugged everything over night plugged everything back in today and it worked fine, but if I try again later today chances are it will play up again.

Anyone have any other ideas as it is really frustrating not to be able to trust it to print when I need it

Thanks