• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX - What does this setting do?

stitchup

Everytime I print I have to open the cartridge and manually reel back the film so the next print doesn't waste about 9"!

So, I'm wondering if the setting in the picture has any influence over this.

Attachments

• GerberEdgeFXSystemSettings_zpsaa8f51fc.JPG
    GerberEdgeFXSystemSettings_zpsaa8f51fc.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 150

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't have an Edge FX so I don't have that particular settings screen but I would guess that is how far the the Edge will back up when printing is resumed if it senses that it has run our of foil. It is a very small amount and nothing like the 9" you mentioned.

Jburns

Not sure about the FX, but on the Edge 2 manual- Overlap is the pixels it prints outside of the sent file boundaries- probably to cover the possibility of gaps:

"Changing the overlap setting:
1 Repeatedly press the SETUP key until the display reads OVERLAP
followed by the number of pixels. (The factory default is 15.)
2 Press either VINYL SLEW key to increase or decrease the amount of
overlap to a value between 5 and 25.
3 When your choice is displayed, press RESET to return offline."

stitchup

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping the setting would allow more efficient use of foils :(

When I print a job the next job I print wastes about 9" of foil, this the gap between the end of the first job and the start of the next! Is this usual?

Cheers

John

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No it isn't. A gap of about 3 inches is normal. You might want to check the Layout dialog settings for X Gap in GSPPlot. Default is .1". If it is set to larger than .1" then it will add that to the end position.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 121