• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Surecolor S40600 Spatters

Anyone know why my epson is doing this? Looks like magenta splatters all over the print

Attachments

• splatters.jpg
    splatters.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 82

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I would lean towards a head strike at some point. Can you do a nozzle test print, as well as take a look at the head from below and see if you can see any physical damage.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Damaged head (from a head strike, or head is cracked/ damaged in some other way), ink line leaking, a fitting loose, or cracked, cracked damper, internal leak in the head, something stuck on the head by the magenta that's collecting and dropping the ink (usually doesn't drop that much, but a possibility), electrical issue fully opening the magenta (not common, but it happens)... Lots of different possibilities. Clean it up, and follow it back to the source. First hunch is head is damaged, either externally from a strike, or a failure internally. If you have any puddling or pooling of ink in the capping area, losing magenta when it's idle, or ink outside of the head where it shouldn't be, check the magenta ink lines, dampers, fittings for a leak. That's a lot of ink, if you're lucky, it's just a leak, which is easier on the wallet to fix.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Well, you either need a new CR duct kit, OR a new head. Get service out ASAP to start with the CR duct (since you're only seeing 1 color leaking) and if that doesn't fix it you'll need a new head.

Had this same problem (not as bad though), and ours was magenta also, around a month ago. New CR duct kit fixed it.