• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 14:10:00, machine wiggles?

kanini

So our new L260 is about 2 months old and we've not done a huge lot of printing yet, yesturday I run a longer job with a black gradient and got a 14:10:00 error near the end of the print. I know it has to do with the heater but the tech said to turn down minimum drying power to 0.8 or 0.9 in the RIP, now it's set at 1.2.
The LCD screen also flickered just somewhat before, was off maybe half a second and came back on. The machine also wiggles a lot in my opinion when printing compared to Rolands.

So: the tech will be here tomorrow but should I have him check something specific at the same time?
Have any of you had this error?
Does your machine wiggle a lot when printing?
What is your setting for minimum drying power?

Thanks a lot, getting nervous about strange codes that makes me waste material...

MikePro

my machine wiggled a lot, prior to realizing that you can lock the wheels it sits-on.
now, it still wiggles but only slightly. just make sure all of your assembled parts are tight/snug & lock the wheels and you should be fine.

Aklaim

It's supposed to wiggle, that is by design. HP's have wiggled for over a decade going back to the 5000 series of printers.

So our new L260 is about 2 months old and we've not done a huge lot of printing yet, yesturday I run a longer job with a black gradient and got a 14:10:00 error near the end of the print. I know it has to do with the heater but the tech said to turn down minimum drying power to 0.8 or 0.9 in the RIP, now it's set at 1.2.
The LCD screen also flickered just somewhat before, was off maybe half a second and came back on. The machine also wiggles a lot in my opinion when printing compared to Rolands.

So: the tech will be here tomorrow but should I have him check something specific at the same time?
Have any of you had this error?
Does your machine wiggle a lot when printing?
What is your setting for minimum drying power?

Thanks a lot, getting nervous about strange codes that makes me waste material...

Wiggle is normal with the HP Latex L2 machines. The carriage has a lot of mass, and the lateral movement is intentional.

Bring your Alternative Minimum Power down to 0.2 in the Media Profile. This is to keep the Dryer zone from overheating when printing on this media.

kanini

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone!! Yes, I remember my old 5000 it wiggled some too! I'll try to put down the minimum drying power, just wanted to know if it was something more serious going on that's common with these. Otherwise it's been running like a champ until now, great machine!

dypinc

For 14:10 errors make sure your tech measures the steady and the burst resistant of the heating resistors, And then enters those numbers into the Drying Resistance Calibration in the service mode.

kanini

For 14:10 errors make sure your tech measures the steady and the burst resistant of the heating resistors, And then enters those numbers into the Drying Resistance Calibration in the service mode.

Thanks dypinc, I'll ask him about that!

kanini

Tech was here, we checked all connectors etc. and all looked good. He measured the drying unit etc. and the resistance etc. was good and well within specs. I put down the minimum drying Power to 0.9 now and it has just finished off a couple jobs without a hiccup so perhaps it will be OK now...

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
14.10:00 - Open circuit on the Dryer Assembly

If that happens again, check the drying thermostat. it can be be malfunction or a overheating occurs