• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Es3 6 color ink icc profiles

Jason1

Looking for a 520x720 icc profile for glossy banner material. Not a lot out there for this 6 color ES3 eco ink. Any ideas??

Jason

4R Graphics

Not sure but can you run a SS21 profile if so try one of those as there are alot more of them.

We run the SS21 solvent so never tried to run a different ink profile type.

What rip are you using?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not going to be an easy one. SS21 profiles will be way off due to the different ink formulations. Not going to be easy because you are using the most obscure least used ink set you can get. As such there are little to no canned profiles for the ES3 ink set. If that is the ink you are sticking with then your "best" option would be to invest in a colorimeter and profiling software package and create your own profiles. Going to cost you though and there is good bit of a learning curve to master making your own profiles. I'll say this though, it's worth it in the long run. Your own custom profiles will always be far better than any stock canned profiles since your own will take into account your enviorment. Things like average room temperature, humidity and elevation above sea level all play a big part in how inks react and work. With stock canned profiles you are using profiles optimal for someone elses enviorment.

Next best option, change to SS21 inks. Yes they stink like mad but they also hold up better and last longer and of course since they are the mostr widely used ink set there are tons of stock profiles for them.

Another thing to consider..... so called "eco" inks are not necessarily more enviormentally friendly. They may just have less solvents (less annoying or harmful to you but still often just as bad to the enviorment in general), stink less, or eco might often just easily mean "economical".

Jason1

I have only run for a couple of weeks with the es3. I went with the 6 color for skin tones. I print a lot of photo banners. Wish the sales rep told me I would not find any profiles.. Just looking for a little more speed for my banners. Other printer is a canon 8000s. Pretty quick..

I have a datacolor spyder 3 but I dont think it will work for profiles. I dont think there is a place for heat and resolution setting.

Can I change my ink to the ss21 without a wash or do I need to run a wash? I will need to put the lines back to 4 color mode also.

:thankyou:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They do have 6 color in SS21 as well. On Mimaki's site for a JV33 they list it as 8 color for some reason. Looks like 13 profiles available. For 4 color there is 48 profiles!