• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

etched vinyl I HATE IT!!!!!

signwizz

had to do these windows used lots of fluid what a pain!!!!! ive done 5 locations with all this.
shane

Attachments

• epa.jpg
    epa.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 124

704signs

I Keep saying I will not do those type of installs anymore .... If you don't do it on a regular basis it can really be a pain.

signwizz

it isnt black its glass around the white letters i told them it wont be too visable but they r putting brown blinds behind it lol!!!

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
problem is getting the premask off have to let it sit for a bit so it can b removed :(

exactly. I just installed the "Re-Growth" theme graphics for Hilton Garden Inn's franchise brand re-imaging project. The backside of the entry way doors have 100's of vertical lines cut out of 3M's Dusted Crystal etch vinyl. 8 total doors with split frame making 16 panes of glass. All I can say is it was the toughest install Ive ever done. The tape wouldnt separate from the etch vinyl without alotta finesse. It was freezing outside so the surface temp of the glass was very cold. I used RapidTac 2 to assist in the cold weather install which made it possible to complete on the colder glass but I wouldnt suggest using ANY solution on etch vinyl because it seems to leave spots between vinyl and glass. The crap also shows stretch like crazy.

I cussed through the install but was very pleased with the end result. So was the client considering we got the call this morning for travel to other locations having trouble with getting these graphics installed.

below are the photos from this install of a CRAZY redesign.

Attachments

• etch1.jpg
    etch1.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 102
  • etch2.jpg
    etch2.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 81
  • etch3.jpg
    etch3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 92

JBusch260

I cussed through the install but was very pleased with the end result. So was the client considering we got the call this morning for travel to other locations having trouble with getting these graphics installed.

WOW! Can't blame you in the least for the cussing, I would have done the same thing throughout the entirety of the install. That's a fantastic result though. Well done!! :U Rock: