• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etchmark Installation

hotboxdp

I am installing etchmark vinyl on 2 glass doors. It's full length, 23"x68" with company logo & name cut out. What's the best way to install?
Untitled.jpg

Chasez

Premask the cut outs with a medium tack mask, wet install, wet mask heavily once installed and remove mask carefully.

Chaz

Jean Shimp

Last time I did a job like that I had a lot of trouble. There were about 5 door, full coverage. Getting the right amount of application fluid was the challenge. If I used too little I got a lot of bubbles in the film. If I used too much I had a hard time getting the mask off without lifting the etchmark. I don't take those jobs anymore. I believe I was using Avery etchmark, but not exactly sure of the brand.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Premask the cut outs with a medium tack mask, wet install, wet mask heavily once installed and remove mask carefully.

Chaz

This here. Plus I would like to add, get a VERY good sprayer that does a nice fine spray. I have found most cheap sprayers kind of 'blob' the app fluid, which causes more bubbles and can wet some parts more than others.