• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exterior Textured Wall Wrap Stucco

JBurton

Signtologist
Ij180, arlon SLX and 6000 series, somewhere there was a street wrap or something that was more meant for this. The bigger thing (not really, vinyl is critical here too) is the tool to install it. You need a 3m TSA-4 or some equivalent from another vendor, plus a heat gun, then include all the time it takes to go over the whole area after initial tack down with the tool.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I was hoping for something a little more specific...
Your user name is wrap city.... So I would assume you have a cast vinyl on hand. Pick your favorite... It just needs to conform. I would probably pass on wrapping stucco, but that's me. It would take forever getting it into the recesses.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
You might want to consider an adhesive-backed aluminum product. It will conform to the stucco surface and likely bond better than an adhesive-backed vinyl might. Continental Grafix makes a 4mil version which is much more affordable than the thick stuff used for ground graphics.

petepaz

agreed with the recommendations for high tack vinyl, should be cast and air agress (avery 1106HT EZ would be a good choice) but i would be concerned with the sharp edges of the stucco ripping through the vinyl.
not sure how much coverage you have to do but i would definitely be concerned with that, maybe run a test on a small portion

DL Signs

Never go against the family
A good cast will work in most scenarios, if you want something specifically made for this, 3M IJ8624 is the stuff designed for use on heavy textures, stone, stucco, brick, block....

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Yes. Thank you. That's only 6 months though. 3M IJ8624
Technically it's a 7 year vinyl, but because it's intended purpose is on heavy textures, the expected lifespan goes down drastically. You can expect less less life expectancy from any vinyl on rough surfaces like stucco, brick, block, regardless of what it's rated for. That in a nutshell is what makes doing these applications for customers such a pain for anything but short term promo stuff. If you do the job, whatever you use, I recommend sealing the edges, textures allow moisture to easily penetrate behind the vinyl, and the edges will start lifting.

signheremd

Grimco's Briteline Multigrip sticks to about anything, but it cannot be laminated as it is a rough surface - so you durability is limited by the inks you use.

General Formulations offers several specific vinyls, and I think their Roughmark 285 might be the best choice for this. (You can contact them for specific recommendations.)

But warranty limits any listed lifespan as some applications are more severe than others - and this will be true across manufacturers.