• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Exterior Window Frame Wrap

De.signs Nanaimo

I have a request to wrap some white exterior vinyl window frames with black vinyl, my gut is saying no but I thought I would put out a feeler and see if anyone has experience with this.

The problems I see are 1) cleaning, corners and etc filled with dust and dirt so possible failure point/time consumption issue 2) black vinyl absorbing heat, possible failure point or warping 3) funky frames like sliding doors etc. that would be a pain to wrap.

sardocs

I'd mask 'em with transfer tape and degrease then spray them with Krylon fusion. It's formulated to adhere to vinyl and it will make touching up down the road easy. At night I can see Nanaimo from here.

De.signs Nanaimo

hmm, that sounds complicated, do you mean spray paint them, don't wrap them?

And shout out to Pender Harbour, I used to spend time at Hardy island when I was a kid!

joshGN

I happened to go to Target one day, in the middle of a renovation. I was amazed to see a crew of about 8 guys wrapping the front entrance frames around all the glass...

All that silver is wrapped....

Attachments

• Glenview-Order-Pickup-Entrance-Exterior.jpg
    Glenview-Order-Pickup-Entrance-Exterior.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 242

Dan360

We wrapped an entire government tourism building in vinyl, all the door, window frames and a corrugated roof. What a PITA. I didn't want to touch it but our sales rep sold it so we were committed. Took weeks and we couldn't do the roof past around 11-12 in the morning because it got so damn hot.

Never again (I hope)

De.signs Nanaimo

I have wrapped window frames before, but made from aluminium on a store front, so it has stuck quite well so far, it made it through last winter just fine!