• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F-2 fuse question.

Jim Hill

The F-2 fuse on the SP-300V is 1.6 amp.

My question is an 1.6 amp fuse from an auto parts store the same being that it's only for 12 volts?
or am I looking for a 1.6 amp fuse for 120 volts?

The fuse is blown because when the new print head did not print I started checking the ribbon cables that go to the head and the top part of the cable was not plugged in all the way on top so without thinking and turning off the power first I unplugged it and then plugged it back in which blew the fuse.

Jim

crny1

Is the original blown fuse a glass fuse or white ceramic? If it is ceramic then its probably a FAST blow fuse. Glass ones are not considered fast blow and will more than likely take something else out on the board if it blows again.

Jim Hill

The original Roland fuse was a ceramic fuse.

I have a Roland tech coming out to change the original fuse. I have a new Roland ceramic fuse.

I am still trying to figure out the error message which reads "Temperature is too low"

Hopefully the tech will be able to figure out what the error message is and how to fix it.

Thanks Jim