• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F1612 Router issue

CanuckSigns

I've been having an issue with our 1612 and the standard router module. When routering sheet goods that require multiple passes, the last pass does not perfectly line up with the other passes on the X axis, it's like the final pass is shifted to the right by a few thou for the final pass. Has anyone noticed this? Summa is saying it's the first they've seen it. I've attached a few photos.

Thanks

Attachments

• summa router offset 2.jpg
    summa router offset 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 204
  • summa router offset.jpg
    summa router offset.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 108

ProColorGraphics

I feel like I have had that happen before, but don't think I did anything special to fix it. Other than just restarting everything.
Are you using the same settings you have used before?

Hard for me to say too as I switched to using the full version of OptiScout. I did not care for how limiting GoProduce was.

CanuckSigns

I feel like I have had that happen before, but don't think I did anything special to fix it. Other than just restarting everything.
Are you using the same settings you have used before?

Hard for me to say too as I switched to using the full version of OptiScout. I did not care for how limiting GoProduce was.
This has been happening for about 6 months now, so unfortunatly a restart doesn't cut it (no pun intended) Settings are the same they have always been, the attached photo was 0.25" thick acrylic, cut with a 4mm up cut endmill, 1st pass was 4mm, 2nd pass completed the cut. Even when I use a clean up pass it still happens on the final pass.

cmoist

Does this happen with a new bit? Also, for that material, I'd probably try to route it in one pass, given you're not cutting much deeper than you already are on the first pass.