• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Factory snowmobile, side by side, atv, powersports graphics question is it Thermal?

I have a Polaris RZR in my shop I am doing door overlay graphics on. I was looking at the factory graphics and I am wondering how the hell they do those? They have matte, gloss and metallic all in the same print?? Is it thermally printed? Does anyone know what printer they use? I am seriously interested in finding out as the quality of the print is night and day to my xc540...
Thanks in advance!
Ryan

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes thermal can pretty much apply spot anything including different clear coats, metallics, chromes, opaque white backers (useful when printing on clear), etc. Our Gerber Edge, we have a clear coat ribbon that we use - and it applies it like any other color, only specifically where that color or clear spot is defined in the artwork. I'd think most high volume factory produced graphics are screen printed though.

bigben

I know the print shop that make all the decals for Bombardier recreative products and they are screen printed. They do a sh*** load of them.

Bill Modzel

I've done reproduction decals for an older Johnson outboard which has chrome and matt chrome along with black and red. The Edge reproduced the matt chome perfectly with their matt foil on their Delux Silver vinyl.