• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor 64

toodark

I just replaced heads, capping station, dampers and wiper. Dampers are half full of ink. When I tried a test print only the K, C, and LM printed (left head) the right one has done nothing. Is there a fuse for each head or could the ribbon be bad? Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks
Too Dark

Stealth Ryder

I just replaced heads, capping station, dampers and wiper. Dampers are half full of ink. When I tried a test print only the K, C, and LM printed (left head) the right one has done nothing. Is there a fuse for each head or could the ribbon be bad? Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks
Too Dark

1. There is no such beast called a Falcon Outdoor 64, there is however a Falcon II Outdoor 64, totally different machine than what you have. You have a Falcon Outdoor 62...

2. Yes, 2 fuses on the Mainboard. One for each Printhead...

3. Yes, the cable could be bad as well. I doubt it though...

4. Yes, the fuses can be replaced...

5. You need a Tech to repair your machine...

Stealth Ryder

Yes, the fuses are here...

Attachments

• Fuses.JPG
    Fuses.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 90

toodark

Cool, I will test them 2morrow. Which is for head 2? Does it say by the fuses whic fuse is for which head?

toodark

No contuinity through fuse. :frustrated:What is the best place to take the board and have the fuse replaced? I can not find anyone local to work on printer. Maybe a computer repair shop?

toodark

Found a computer repir shop that is going to solder it for me. I figured I would mess something else up

toodark

Do you know of a aftermarket part number that would work. The local electronics store was not able to cross reference that.

:thankyou:

BobbyFosson

Get the $8 fuses... cheaper to pay that and get it running rather than postponing production a few days to save a few bucks.

Stealth Ryder

Dont waste your money! I REPEAT... Dont waste your money!
You can do this yourself, I did it! Read this thread completely and you will learn how to replace the fuses with Radio Shack parts and a soldering iron.
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45626&highlight=Mutoh+Fuse

Wasn't exactly that suggested above and the guy said Radio Shack don't have the fuses... I find that hard to believe since I buy them at a Radio Shack all the time but who am I to argue with him...