• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faux Etch - Fine VS Coarse

Marie

I am ordering Oracal 8510 for a window logo that the customer wants to have a faux etch look. We have always used the "fine" version, but I am wondering if the "coarse" will have more of an etched look? Anyone ever used it or have any recommendations? - THANKS!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We do real glass etching (sandblasting), and I too agree that the fine will look more realistic.

I have seen some etch vinyl that has small glitter flakes in it at Culver's Restaurant. While it looks pleasing, it doesn't resemble real etching.

JB

TammieH

The course is easier to work with.

and I think they both look like etched glass,

I have seen etched glass look like both it depends on what is use to blast the glass

T_K

We do real glass etching (sandblasting), and I too agree that the fine will look more realistic.

I have seen some etch vinyl that has small glitter flakes in it at Culver's Restaurant. While it looks pleasing, it doesn't resemble real etching.

JB

I'm guessing if you're using the glittery "etched" vinyl, you don't care much for authentic simulation. Instead, you're going for an effect etching doesn't provide.

I've only used the coarse in the past, but it looks good. I can't offer a comparison thought.