• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fb500 carriage issues

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Hi,
My carriage is getting stuck as it moves and giving me a carriage error. I've removed the lubricant from the rails and reapplied but I can still feel when I move the carriage that it's getting stuck/has resistance. I've cleaned the wheels as well , I don't see any dust stuck anywhere. Any have an insight on what else would cause this?

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Is it getting stuck in the same place every time? Or does it vary?

Our rail got scratched up at the service end by a tech who couldn't get the carriage on straight after he replaced a head, so there's a bit of a grindy feeling when moving the carriage past that spot. Otherwise I'm not sure, it could be many things. How often do you clean the rails/carriage wheels? I don't do it nearly as often as HP suggests but have never had a problem with the carriage sticking. If you went for many years without cleaning I suppose it could cause issues. Or it could be a chunk of aluminum, paper or even cured ink that got stuck in a wheel somehow. It kind of depends on what you printed last, for instance I've had a chunk of cardstock get stuck to the carriage because it curled up when the heat of the lamps hit it.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
It varies ! At first the carriage was moving then squeeking and stopping , now it won't even move past a few inches. I cleaned the rails of all the grease and reapplied and that got rid of the grinding noise but it didn't help with carriage movement. I'm stumped lol my belt tension isn't correct according to the idle tongue so gonna try to fix that tomorrow
Check your gears for broken teeth.
Thanks ! Found the issue lol

Attachments

• 31FF1C48-9E62-4737-957C-1866F979AFA6.jpeg
    31FF1C48-9E62-4737-957C-1866F979AFA6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39