• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

generationdruck

hello all,
we have a HP FB550 and had all these problems with the bad batch ink. Now we have a 3rd party ink in the machine. Everything looked good, but currently we have missing nozzles on one magenta print head. We have flushed the system and refilled with ink. The first nozzle test was OK, but shortly after we have missing nozzles again. Does anyone have a tip? Do we need to adjust the vacuum or the head voltage differently?

Attachments

• DBF05DCB-E95C-49EB-BFA6-74A9C24BC841.JPG
    DBF05DCB-E95C-49EB-BFA6-74A9C24BC841.JPG
    639.2 KB · Views: 191

netsol

start by contacting your 3rd party ink supplier (who you did not name)
perhaps you should have purchased a particular type of flush & followed a recommended procedure?

perhaps you want to send that head out to digital sign tech?

i know vlad offers a service for certain types of flatbed heads, where you send them in for reconditioning

you could also discuss what type of "recovery fluid" he recommends. when you call in, if he is not in the building, they forward you to his cell, so it is almost always possible to speak to an expert. probably worth your time, whichever way you go