• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB550 vs FB750

kwwong

I am considering between HP Scitex FB550 vs FB750
Both are within my budget. However the size of FB750 is a little too big for my current printing room, so if I go for FB750, my work place will be very cramped. However since we are planning to move to a bigger shop in middle of next year, it will no longer be an issue next year.

Do you think if the extra benefit of the FB750 is worth to pay for the extra bucks an to endure the 1 year cramped work place?

FrankW

One big benefit of the Scitex Printers is that they print easily (with camera registration) up to 9 sheets (even for different jobs and of different sizes) side by side at the same time, and that a new media "row" can be loaded during printing an other, for continuous printing of a higher number of copies.

So the wider printer do not have the advantage only to print larger media, but also to print more small sheets at a time. The FB550 will register up to 9 sheets too, but because of the total width, most of the time this is not applicable.