• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8600 pinch roller question

MimakiGuy

Got a fc-8600 and one of the pinch roller assemblies on the end isnt even touching the grit roller anymore. Its shot.
Apparently graphtec doesnt make them anymore, but I have another plotter with an extra one that doesnt get used.
My question is, can i just switch them out myself?
A few years ago, we had to replace the pinch roller bar(crazy, I know) and the tech i talked to said he would have to send someone out because they had to be synched or something. I assumed at the time, it had to be synched to the sensor. Just talked to another tech (the one that told me graphtec doesnt sell them anymore) and he said I could easily do it myself.
I know the process to change them is super easy, but do they need synching or not?

ikarasu

You can just swap them. It's easy to remove the bar, when I bought my graphtec I got three extra wheels and added them myself. Not 3 weeks earlier we had a different graph Tech we bought, added two wheels, the tech didit and didn't do any adjustments.

The tension on them is adjustable, if it is too far out of whack you might run into issues with it feeding straight... Personally if I were you, I would take it apart and put it in the middle of your other machine where it doesn't matter as much just to be safe. Worst case if you find it skewing, all you need is a luggage scale and you can fix the tension yourself

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
From what i remember the left and right rollers have an extra piece on them to let the machine know where the cutting boundaries are. It should look like a little metal tab on the rear that sticks up.