• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback On This Automated Grommet Machine

PrintTrader

Merchant Member

Attachments

• BAM02-2T.jpg
    BAM02-2T.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 147

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'm not familiar with that particular machine, but I can tell you an automated grommet machine is freaking awesome.
The one I used was an ancient model, and one of the feed belts was broken (you had to turn the feed drum to have the grommets drop into place), but it still beat putting grommets in by hand any day. You could turn the drum a couple of times and have something like 20 tops lined up and waiting. All you had to do was put the washer on the bottom of the die, put your material over it, and step on a foot pedal. It sounds weird, but it was so much easier than having to punch holes and set grommets by hand- or even using a manual press.
We also had it mounted on a pedestal with wheels so we could move the machine easily, which meant we weren't limited as to where in the shop we could use it.

jayhawksigns

We don't do enough banners to justify buying one of those. Did just pick up a pneumatic one and that has been a huge time saver.

Nice side perk is that my little sister can't say she doesn't have the strength to set grommets anymore either.

GB2

Old Member
I think that is a very reasonable price for such a machine, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a Chinese import. The industry standard in these types of machines has been the Edward Segal machines, you should look at them to compare.