• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File for L3000/L360 released from HP today.

richsweeney

afraid it may be a virus. I would not install/download it. delete it and go to hp site.

Another reason your everyday user should be standard not an admin.

DONT DO IT. If anyone sends you a zip file don't download it. And DO NOT OPEN it. YOu might not notice anything might be fine for a couple months a year whatever. And then someone is going to activate the virus or worm. Then all of a sudden everything on your server is encrypted and you have no info what so ever. Not just your computer but your sever. Then you either pay to have it professionally cleaned out and find the good files that have been renamed. Or you pay the people who gave you the virus and they give you back all your stuff.

dypinc

DONT DO IT. If anyone sends you a zip file don't download it. And DO NOT OPEN it. YOu might not notice anything might be fine for a couple months a year whatever. And then someone is going to activate the virus or worm. Then all of a sudden everything on your server is encrypted and you have no info what so ever. Not just your computer but your sever. Then you either pay to have it professionally cleaned out and find the good files that have been renamed. Or you pay the people who gave you the virus and they give you back all your stuff.

Yes, if you run Windows. No body is allowed on the internet from Windows or to open any achieved files on Windows around here. That is grounds for automatic dismal. Windows is only used for RIPs here anyway. All work is done on Linix or Mac os.

If I could download it I would let you know what it was. Seem kind of interesting they would release a file with a name like after esentually making all profiles made before the last firmware invalid and no longer have the ability for the onboard calibration to correct them.

dypinc

Page and any links to this file have no been removed. Interesting. Why is the back of the printer being shown. Maybe that firmware listed is bogus too. That might explain the problems.

twmiller24

From the HP forum:

"Hi to all,

After asking to several colleagues we've figured out what was going on. This file was the new media update of the HP Media Solutions Locator and it was supposed to just be released internally. By error it ended up in that platform and it generated notification to all registered users.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for noticing it!"