• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

file messed up

gabagoo

I received a file from a customer for a retractable banner and it is made up of so much masking that to try and break them all is crazy. In any case I printed one of the banners yesterday and today I am looking at the second one which has shared info with the first. I see two of the logos which are bitmaps have layered backwards and can see in acrobat that somehow Flexi has mixed it up. I thought OK I will save it as a tif or a jpeg from acrobat but it gives me an error so thats out. But even if I could I dont think it would work as the tiff or jpeg will change how the printer will treat certain spot colours in the file. What options do I have now? I am going to try and open it in illustrator (not good with that program) and see if I can just get those 2 logos out by themselves and drop them on top of the others. This digital stuff is crazy lately!!

Ponto

Flatten the file in Photoshop... save as .tiff and provide a small scale proof to customer and have them sign off ...IMHO

JP

gabagoo

Flatten the file in Photoshop... save as .tiff and provide a small scale proof to customer and have them sign off ...IMHO

JP
i cant i already printed one and a bitmap will not print the same colours for the vectored portions

gabagoo

i sent the file through illy and isolated the two logos and sent them through as eps files then spent another 20 minutes manipulating them so that they would print. This banner has like 30 different logos on it and some are vectored, some are bitmap, some are cmyk and some are rgb. I have really had it with this chit. For a 12 meg file I have never seen my computer react so poorly . Each time I try to move or resize the screen goes white and I have to wait a minute before it frees up. What a day!!