• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Find My Font 3 Released

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Find My Font font identification software has just released a new version that includes access to their new online database of fonts. In the one test I made so far, it took less than 10 seconds to identify the sample I used. As far as I can tell, version 3 is free to existing licensees of the Pro version.

Graphics2u

This is true, however, there are a number of members who have this software and use it to provide the aforementioned benefit to other members. :Cool 2:
I think I just found out some of the font gurus secret around here! I've had this software for about 2 weeks and it works great. And I just upgraded to ver 3 and it was free since I already had ver 2.3 PRO.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I wouldn't call it cheating.

Most of the time I know the font -- I just cannot remember what it is called.

For instance, someone posted a sample the other day and my mind kept thinking.... "Candice, Candice, Candice" -- and even though I know the font and I knew it wasn't called Candice it might have taken me an hour or so to stumble upon "Tango" in our library.

FindMyFont does this in about two minutes or less.

Its a time saver.

And its an even bigger time saver for the fonts that I don't know now that it ID's fonts online.

I'm in love with this software.

OK, yeah... maybe its cheating a little... :)

Oh, and one more thing... I'm not suggesting that I'm a guru when it comes to fonts... no-sir-ee.

SignosaurusRex

Excellent software to have! Kinda puts my 39+ years of typeface and font recognition into the "of little value" category as far as resumes goes. Just push a button..............

SignosaurusRex

I downloaded the upgrade......Hmmmm. At the moment, I think it needs much more scrutiny. I ran a lot of font samples through it with less than reasonable results. I'll keep it occupied in an effort to gather more info. (insert hour-glass)

Mark S. Adams

Never used it before. What makes it different or better than whatfontis.com or whatthefont.com?

For me, the difference is that I have a massive personal library of fonts. This tool allows me to identify a sample, just like whatfontis.com or whatthefont.com, but looks thru the fonts I already own. Then, if I don't have it, look thru an online database to find what new font I need to purchase.

Mark S. Adams

FindMyFont

@Mark: Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

@SignosaurusRex: Looking forward to your findings / comments.

to all: Thank you for your kind words and support!