• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finding Commercial Real Estate Agent(s)?

TXFB.INS

A friend of the family is looking to relocate their business and since we make signs they asked us for some referrals. It seems that agents only work in specific areas and not a broad range.
needless to say they are not looking to juggle half a dozen different agents.

does anyone know of agents that work a wider area (state wide) or of a wedsite that allows you to post what you are looking for and let the agents come to you?

Thanks for the assist

rjssigns

In my experience it's no different than buying a house. Make your list of must haves, pick an area you think meets those criteria, and drive it yourself. Realtors have a tendency to make things sound better than they are.
Once you find a place talk to the neighbors about crime, etc... I even go so far as to check where the fire station is. If you are in the "Golden Radius" your rates are usually lower.

Demographics, income levels, and ethnicity of an area play big roles in business too.

Craigslist can be an awesome resource too.

But there is absolutely no substitute for doing your own research.

Pat Whatley

That's what your real estate agent is for, you don't just get one when you're buying. Find any commercial realtor, tell them what you're looking for, then let them scour the MLS sites for you and send you info. Realtors have access to a lot more information about a property than you'll be able to easily find including how long its been on the market and how much the price has dropped in that time.

If you want to do it yourself just to a search for Commercial MLS in the cities you're looking for. Loopnet is decent but a more localized search will get you more results, a realtor will get you many more than that. http://www.loopnet.com/
(MLS is Multiple Listing Service)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
A friend of the family is looking to relocate their business and since we make signs they asked us for some referrals. It seems that agents only work in specific areas and not a broad range.
needless to say they are not looking to juggle half a dozen different agents.

does anyone know of agents that work a wider area (state wide) or of a wedsite that allows you to post what you are looking for and let the agents come to you?

Thanks for the assist

Loopnet.com - Register for free, enter search parameters, Loopnet will update you when new listings match those parameters. Search area is customizable...as small or as large as you want.

edit: Sorry, Pat, just saw you posted about Loopnet as well.