• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Box Truck, not first rivet

JMPrinting

Pricing a box truck, 2 sides plus the back. I am thinking $8/sq ft installed with 751?

Also, assume I need to make a scaffold setup to go up on the sides. I have a GX-24 so I will have to do some tiling. Would it be easier to find a shop that can cut 48" if I give them material?

Sorry for for being a noob. Don't want to cut throat the industry.

Probabaly a a total of 275 sq ft of vinyl It's a 26ft truck

Z SIGNS

That sounds like a reasonable price.

Depends what you are delivering
If your just replicating or putting down an inked up ineffective advertisement void of any creativity sticker
yeah $8.00 or whatever they negotiate you down to because "Joe down the street can do it for"

If you are delivering a kick-*** design and professional install that's going to blow people away
you should & could ask for more.

Charging by the pound is not a good way think about pricing.
It devalues the craft and turns it into commodity like the price sliced lunch meat

Only you know what your brilliance & expertise is worth.
Some people get $8. some get $80.

Post what your proposing to do for the $8

I am sure a lot of people will chime in and let you know what it's worth.

OldPaint

HE SAID.he has a CX-24........ so iam assuming your doing VINYL ONLY.........8 a sq ft for HP......IS ok.......
26 ft long box? for $2200.......is a little on the low side..........i would ask for $10........and that makes it a $2700 job...

threeputt

And to add to what OP has said (and others) here's a thought.

I have seen a large truck lettered with a small sign on it's side, and also a that same type of truck with a ton of lettering virtually covering the sides. So (again, I'm assuming this is an all cut vinyl job) if you're not "wrapping" the entire side, how much "white" space are you leaving?

ie: people come into us all the time shopping for a price on a cube van, box truck, what have you. They may tell me that the guy down the street will "do it" for x number of dollars, when our quote was double that number. Then quite often I see the finished vehicle, (done by someone else) and they've put a small sign dead center in the middle of a large side of the vehicle.

So I say, much depends on the amount and size of the lettering, and how effective that lettering is. (creative use of shapes, colors, fonts, etc.)

Just my .02