• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flat Bed Cutter Recommendations

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What options are you able to do in optiscout that you couldn't do in goproduce?

There are a few small things that I think could be improved in goproduce, most have to do with the router, I wish there was a way to have the machine pause after it finishes routing, before it advances so you could pick the finished parts off the bed before they fall to the floor, and the ability to do 3D carving would be nice.
Does this pause option not work with routing?

1698139881308.png

White Haus

Not a Newbie

There are a few small things that I think could be improved in goproduce, most have to do with the router, I wish there was a way to have the machine pause after it finishes routing, before it advances so you could pick the finished parts off the bed before they fall to the floor, and the ability to do 3D carving would be nice.
Also, the ability to control segments would be huge! Every RIP software has the option to control tiles, not sure why they overlooked this (especially given the lack of accuracy when cutting w/ segments) in GoProduce.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is a setting for segmentation in the same place as my screenshot, just above the other ones.
Not sure if you guys have tried it and I don't think "Minimize cut through" is enabled by default.
It's not perfect solution but it's better than default.

1698148382776.png

White Haus

Not a Newbie
There is a setting for segmentation in the same place as my screenshot, just above the other ones.
Not sure if you guys have tried it and I don't think "Minimize cut through" is enabled by default.
It's not perfect solution but it's better than default.
Thanks, I've tried that. It helps sometimes but it's still frustrating that there can't be a simple drag and adjust option for where the segments are. Even Gsplot lets you do that for paneling!

ProColorGraphics

There is more fine tuning. You can add tabs. You can set it to only cut the the pieces that fit on the bed with print/cut (GoProduce only does this on non-print/cut jobs). I asked about 3D carving, but he said that Summa doesn't allow that. I wish they would allow it to the extent to "ramp" in or out. That alone would be super helpful! I will ask him if they can set it to pause before a feed. I would think they could. I have the front extension, so that hasn't been an issue for me.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I keep seeing ads for this

Looks like a good chinese Zund copy

Those do look really nice, and how often can you actually configure and price out equipment right on the website!?

Unless the specs are wrong, I don't see any difference between the X7 and X9 other than about 20k.....?

Either way, well priced machines. I'd have a look at these if and when we're in the market again.

victor bogdanov

Those do look really nice, and how often can you actually configure and price out equipment right on the website!?

Unless the specs are wrong, I don't see any difference between the X7 and X9 other than about 20k.....?

Either way, well priced machines. I'd have a look at these if and when we're in the market again.

A while back I looked at the china manufacturer that makes these and looked very nice.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

ive seen this on their IG page. not bad

i give credit to them putting the price on the website.

End of the day, it's the software that matters. but from videos looks promising. the digital flatbed cutters need more competition.
Zunds are getting super expensive,
Summas are not cheap for entry levels.
Colex is a solid machine for it's price.
not sure about Kongsberg as i couldn't even get in contact with a rep here.
Aristo is also expensive.

ProColorGraphics

I have been chatting with someone from this chinese manufacturer. They seem decent and legit, just not sure I want to deal with importing, taxes and all of that.

victor bogdanov

End of the day, it's the software that matters. but from videos looks promising. the digital flatbed cutters need more competition.
Yes I think it comes down to software, the "made in USA" flatbed I have is about 100% chinese components mechanically. I'm sure just about every flatbed out there is full of made in china components

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member

Oh hey, that's us! :)

There's probably similarities to Zund (only so many ways to make a flatbed cutter look, after all), but TPS is a well-established brand that makes many different types of machines. We were impressed by their cutters and agreed to distribute and support their machines in the US. Based in LA, we would be your first contact for sales, installation, maintenance, and repair.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member

We should make the differences between the X9 and other models more obvious--our bad.

The table size is the same as as the X7, but the X9 comes standard with 2 tool heads, a router head, and an Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) for the router. The additional heads and ATC greatly increase efficiency and productivity. Of course, if you don't need a router, the X7 is a better option.