• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 22 - no recent changes - freezing when outlining PNGs

F80M3

Custom Title
ive been using flexi 22 for about 15 months now

Dell
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 pro
700 gigs free out of 1TB drive

today ive noticed when trying to outline some transparent PNGs that are about 1-2MB in size that flexi will just freeze for a long time.

rebooted the computer multiple times and its still happening.

some PNGs that are 6MB are fine and I can outline them no problems. these are from multiple clients so I dont think its a file issue?

any ideas on what I should look for?

Last edited:

jimdtg

If the problem happened with all PNG files so problem is from Flexi, unfortunately it didn't with all files so you should check problematic PNG files again.

F80M3

Custom Title
Thanks all.

so it was a transparency issue. flexi did NOT like the files I was using as they were transparent inside and outside so I guess it was a lot of edges. I flattened and removed the outside and it was ok.

I will try the remove alpha channel as well to see if this is another fix

GamecockGrafx

Had that same problem and more issues with 22....reverted back to Flexi 19 where everything worked fine...and staying there until I am forced to update.

jimdtg

Could you explain this step clearly - I don't get it. - What is Gimp?

GNU Image Manipulation Program, commonly known by its acronym GIMP, is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image manipulation and image editing, free-form drawing, transcoding between different image file formats, and more specialized tasks. It is extensible by means of plugins, and scriptable.

Get it HERE!