• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiStarter 8.6

april80

I have flexi starter 8.6. I also have a seike 36 inch plotter/cutter. I am in need of help of inserting letters and numhbers into an .eps. We are wanting to make things for the local fire dept but it is hard to curve the letters and numbers in to the crosses. any ideas?
Also, what settings should i set the cutter for sign vinyl and therma flexx?

And lastly, sorry can I upgrade my dongle to a better version of flexi? Thanks for all your help in advance and if I dont reply, im not ignoring you, it just may be hard to reply to everyone!!

thanks
april @ A&M Graphics!
:popcorn:

Justin

Honestly, what I do is make everything in Adobe Illustrator, save it as a EPS, and then open it in Flexi, and cut.

I'm not some seasoned veteran, but I don't know anything FlexiSign Pro can do that Illustrator can't.

Alot of people around here also use Corel programs, but I have a personal preference toward Adobe.
You can also use InkScape(it's a free vector program) to design in, and then import to FlexiStarter. You just want to make sure when you import it to Flexi that everything looks good, and like it did in Illustrator/Corel/Inkscape.

Edit: You can upgrade Flexi. I just don't know too much about upgrading it, but I am sure someone will chime in who does.

april80

reply to Justin

well for what we are doing right now, we have everything, i just am not sure how to make word and numbers curved in the program

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
well for what we are doing right now, we have everything, i just am not sure how to make word and numbers curved in the program

Flexi Starter is just a bridge program and contains very little in the way of text or graphic editing capability. You need to either upgrade to a higher level of Flexi or supplement it with either Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW. Either of these applications will allow you to create designs and manipulate them. You would then send the file to Flexi Starter for production.

Justin

Thank you for the info. does it cost much for adobe illust.?

Adobe Illustrator - http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator.html -$599.00

CorelDraw - http://www.corel.com/corel/product/...0CorelcomquadLTO&mapcounter=1&pid=prod4260069 - $500.00 (suite)

Now if you want to mess around, or try out a vector graphics program before spending a lot I recommend you check out InkScape. It's free, open source, and really is a nice program. I really recommend this to kinda get your feet wet.

http://inkscape.org/

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you for the info. does it cost much for adobe illust.?

The current version of Adobe Illustrator lists for $599.00. CorelDRAW, its main competitor, lists for $499.00. Both products have free time limited trial versions which you would do well to try before you buy. You can often save considerably on an older version at ebay from a reputable seller.

CS-SignSupply

We would be happy to help. You can upgrade Starter 8.x to SIGN, EXPERT or PRO 10.x.

Give me a call to get the best price available. CiberSupply offers phone and email technical support on all Flexi products we sell.