• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flood coating Acrylic letters with Mactac 9800

heyskull

Over the years I have had varying success covering acrylic this way mainly due to the static from the acrylic and that it has minute bits from when it was cut.
I have a large job that has to be covered as the customer insisted it was to be a certain colour.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
SC

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It just means you wet the substrate with lotsa fluids, but if he knows how to do it, what help does he need ??

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'm also curious as to what you mean by "flood coating".... And also by "large job" (large quantity or large letters?)...

If it's a large quantity, I'd find a close acrylic color and offer that to the customer, alternately, I'd paint the letters. For a large quantity, applying vinyl will be a time consuming endeavor that I'd want to avoid. And, for letters over a certain size, the customer would (more than likely) complain about seams.