• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor graphics

mc916

Hi,
I have a customer that wants me to do some floor graphics. Does anyone have a recommendation on the type of materials and procedures? Any input would be appreciated.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We just quoted a job with the Lexjet Floor-ad and velvet laminate. Take a look at it on their site. Haven't used it yet, but did talk pretty extensively on the phone with David at Lexjet about it. There was another one we looked at (mactac maybe? don't remember) but you could only buy huge rolls of it. The floor-ad came in smaller rolls which was perfect for our project.

rjssigns

Hi,
I have a customer that wants me to do some floor graphics. Does anyone have a recommendation on the type of materials and procedures? Any input would be appreciated.

If this is a rare thing for you sub it out. The odd request here and there for floor graphics doesn't justify our buying inventory.

The other end is "make ready" costs or how long it will take you to switch out laminates and how much laminate gets wasted on web-up, plus the reversal of same.

I have begun to look very seriously at where the money goes in our shop, looking at things some people seem not to think about. Just my 2 cents.

mnapuran

I would say it depends on the floor surface, and how long it needs to be down/last.

We've had good luck with a variety of materials and laminates, just depends on the application

PrintItBig

Not sure about the US but where we are the laminate needs to be certified as non-slip by law. The laminate we've looked at seems to come with a 3 month, 6 month etc nonslip guarantee and goes up in price accordingly. I'm actually pretty sure it's the same stuff just with a longer guarantee so effectively you're buying an insurance policy.