• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fluid color Kyocera white ink reliability

D3D

Curious to hear from anyone running the Fluid Color (handtop) Kyocera UV flatbeds and what the white ink experience is like? We print on clear substrates and use white ink on all of our jobs and find that white ink reliability is our main struggle (oce arizona 2280) and will be looking for a new machine that has the fewest issues in this department. Love to hear experience from actual users.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Surprisingly enough the head i the least of the problems with white, the biggest issues lie in how the white ink is handled though the system. The TruFire printer solves these problems you should look into it.

parrott

Troy is right. With a good white ink system it’s not a problem. We run 2 white heads in our TruFire LTX2 with no problems. We treat it the same as all the other heads and have been smooth sailing for 3.5 years. This is the only machine I have seen that will run a good white at 1700 square feet per hour. Definitely worth checking out.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

D3D

Surprisingly enough the head i the least of the problems with white, the biggest issues lie in how the white ink is handled though the system. The TruFire printer solves these problems you should look into it.
In what way is the Trufire system than other systems that recirculate?

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
In what way is the Trufire system than other systems that recirculate?
the ink reservoirs pull and recirculate back through portals in the bottom of both primary and secondary's ,the circulation doesn't stop at the secondary as it goes through the Kyocera Head itself. because the Kyocera Heads are crossflow heads, it pushes ink through the entire head and then back to the primary. the only place that the ink can stay stagnant is the meniscus between the piezo crystals and the nozzle plate, so to resolve that part we have a feature called white-up that when activated allows the White heads to randomly throw down a small white color bar under the prints as a way to keep the nozzles exercised and that little bit of ink moving. when you are not getting ready to print white, that function is turned off. so there is no constant spitting of white ink unnecessarily.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D