• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fog Juice?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You want to see a video of either spraying or brushing on a clear coat ??
For what ?? :help

Billct2

We use Frog Juice on all our Gerber Edge printed vinyl. It "pops" the color, adds a bit of gloss and protects from fading.
We use both brush and spray, depends on the size of the graphic. Brushing requires a quick hand, it doesn't like being
overworked or double coated.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The only legitimate use ever found for frog juice is sealing MDF so that vinyl will stick to it. Other than that, worthless. Clear Shield is a vastly superior product if you want to coat prints..

thabeger

You want to see a video of either spraying or brushing on a clear coat ??
For what ?? :help

Well since this product comes in a spray can or a jar, I w2as thinking you could use an actual sprayer to apply since it. Plus even if it was just a video spraying from the can at least you could see how much they are putting on and seeing the results.

I have decided against it through.

Thanks!

Techman

clear shield is the better choice.
Frog Juice? I got two cans of it years ago..
The remains of one can was given to someone else. The other is still on the shelf under a pile of dust.

geb

We use Frog Juice on all our Gerber Edge printed vinyl. It "pops" the color, adds a bit of gloss and protects from fading.
We use both brush and spray, depends on the size of the graphic. Brushing requires a quick hand, it doesn't like being
overworked or double coated.

I have used similar to Bill as mentioned, I use it more for clearing airbrush graphics out of a can, I find it tricky to brush as well, Bills recommendations are good points to follow.

George

ams

It's pretty useless to me, it ruined some stuff, don't put it on exposed unlaminated ink, it seems to make it run (eco-solvent)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's pretty useless to me, it ruined some stuff, don't put it on exposed unlaminated ink, it seems to make it run (eco-solvent)
Then, you're doing it wrong. Why would you clear laminated ink ?? That's the whole idea of this stuff, to lam something with liquid, rather than rigid lam.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Then, you're doing it wrong. ...

Doing it wrong in this case would consist of applying a solvent based clear coat such as frog juice to a solvent based print. Yes, if you do it just right you can get away with it but that's all you're doing; getting away with it. Getting away with it is not doing it properly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doing it wrong in this case would consist of applying a solvent based clear coat such as frog juice to a solvent based print. Yes, if you do it just right you can get away with it but that's all you're doing; getting away with it. Getting away with it is not doing it properly.

Doing it correctly is all it takes. You can clear any solvent or oil-based project with a solvent based clear, like Frog Juice, Dana or Clearshield. No tricks, no muss, no fuss. First a very light mist of any surface [we call it a dry coat], let air dry for a few minutes, if you wanna do another light coat, go ahead and then you can put as much on as desired to reach the sheen you're trying to accomplish. If using a flat clear, the shiny will turn flat as it dries.

Doing it wrong is just laying a bunch of solvent anything on a painted or inkjet surface. One attacks the other and you get a great big pooh puddle. Oooh, yucky.................. :rolleyes:

Techman

First a very light mist of any surface
And waste time waiting for the damg thing to dry.. Even if it is a few minutes.
Use a better choice and get it done.. first time every time.. No second or third layers..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You guys make me laugh. You take everything so seriously, put a spin on it and reach completely new heights in business. When someone is so efficient that 2 minutes matters, then you must be doing lotsa other things wrong. How can 2 minutes bother anyone ?? Do you time yourself going to the bathroom ?? What happens, if you pick the wrong roll of vinyl and load it and then realize you have the wrong one in there ?? Do you smack your hand for such foolishness ?? We usually have a case of ClearJet and one of Frog Spray on hand. When we get down to 2 or 3 cans, another case is ordered. Again, this is generally used on smaller signs. Nothing much over a 2' x 3' or 3' x 4'. Then, it is time consuming.

Whether you're running a one-man show or have 17 employees, everyone has time for a 2 minute window of dry time. Really, get a grip. Nothing wrong with Frog Juice or any other clear vs. rigid laminates.

My problem with the water-based clears is they all look milky.... or foggy, which is weird, since that's the name of this thread. :Big Laugh

Techman

two minutes??? It is never two minutes. It is always 2 hours.. With the ADD and ADHD going around its difficult enough to keep focused on one job for more than 30 seconds. Take a two minute stoppage with the added boredom and other distractions the job is lost in the ether until the brain wanders back some time tomorrow..