• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font conversion from open type to true type. Big problem

threeputt

Hi all,
I purchased a font on line today,(from FontSpring). I then downloaded it (it's an open type font), and un-zipped it. Since I need a ttf font, I went on-line to find a utility to convert otf to ttf. I used the utility to convert the font. I then located the font in my directory and then tried to convert it to a GSP font using the native font converter in Omega Composer (by Gerber). Their font converter always works on ttf fonts. But.....this time it's saying, "unable to write soft font".

Any ideas? Is the otf to ttf font converter not working? The font does have the proper extension, TTF after the font name, but my converter doesn't seem to like it.

Is there anyway to learn if the font is indeedt a ttf font now? Is there some sort of test?

Any and all help is appreciated. So far FontSpring has not gotten back to me on their support line.

Marlene

what version of Omega are you running? I'll look in the morning when I have access to my program if you haven't gotten it done by then.

do you see the font when you open the small fonts? if so, you can enter what you want as small text and then convert the line of text to a vector by taking off the smart text. I'm going by memory as I don't do this often but give that a try

threeputt

what version of Omega are you running? I'll look in the morning when I have access to my program if you haven't gotten it done by then.

do you see the font when you open the small fonts? if so, you can enter what you want as small text and then convert the line of text to a vector by taking off the smart text. I'm going by memory as I don't do this often but give that a try

You're pretty smart Marlene. I tried that and it worked!

I can use that for now as a work-around (great idea there), but hopefully I can still find a way to use the font as a regular GSP font.

Marlene

glad it worked as I don't have any open type to mess around with to see if will work. maybe post under Gerber forum to see if Tony is out there and can answer to see if we can convert them