• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help please

James Chrimes

This one has me banging my head. Any help identifying? Thanks

Attachments

• 7604B2BB-5ABE-43BF-A386-62E7F36D059C.jpeg
    7604B2BB-5ABE-43BF-A386-62E7F36D059C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 152
  • 212ED4A5-547D-4D51-972D-F69756E88AD2.jpeg
    212ED4A5-547D-4D51-972D-F69756E88AD2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 70

SignosaurusRex

This one has me banging my head. Any help identifying? Thanks
There are at least three different fonts at play here... predominantly Goudy Old Style for the bulk of text.
The "h" and "n" are from Rafael... with a little softening and node editing to better fit in with the Goudy.
The "P" appears to be from Zapf Chancery... (or some other calligraphic type face of the same style) ...again with some softening, etc.

There may in fact be some single font? using these characters as alternates, but non that I find or have ever seen.

SignosaurusRex

The h and n are doing no good for the layout, the lettering on their website looks much better, even if they mixed and matched weights.
Looks like they aimed to match this old mustard jar? Maybe signosaurusrex can name these fonts too.
View attachment 162896
You funny! The logo / lettering for the label was clearly created well before "fonts" came about. The letter style used for the label was most likely hand rendered and loosely based on a style not peculiar to signwriters of the time. The P,h and n have a close resemblance to a lighter weight "font" called Katherine from Dan X. Solo.
Dan X. Solo is known for early font creations based images done by various signwriters and lettering artists over the last century.