• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Food Mart

Marco

Signage required at entry; additional freestanding cabinet refacing required.
Second design: Aluminum panels, led channel letters, illum cabinet, and digital sign. Additional Jpgs coming soon.
Abe 3D 4.jpg

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The logo IS BAD... all that 3D does not make it look any better... I am guessing that is their logo and it's not going to change.

The graphics is too much.. like graphic mash-ups or a bad vehicle wrap... is this what they wanted?

if you put specials on the windows, they might be lost with all that graphic fluff.

Marco

Inner city food mart located across from a newly built juvenile detention center. Thank you for your input guys. There is NO logo here. I want rugged graphics on this one. My goal is to create something like that of a wall mural. The graphics will be printed on translucent vinyl which will be attached to a custom built curved aluminum 1"sq. frame as shown. It will be backlit. I have been rushing this one a bit, I have spotted many issues. Still working on the idea. Suggestions are welcome. Thank you guys above - Pat -Rick.

cdiesel

The graphics won't be readable. The message will be totally lost.

My suggestion, start over with a much cleaner, simpler look. It's possible to design for urban audiences without going overboard and following basic design principles.

Marco

You're right, I can't give up on this though. I'm going to work on it for the next two days. Worse case scenario, it will be a plain fabric awning with the typical; lotto, coffee, beer & wine, etc. writing on the lower section of it. <~~hate em.
Thank you for your input signmaniac.

Last edited:

Marco

Still working on it. Too much white... I am removing the white newspaper and inserting a blue and white, just like the USA Today version. All photos will be purchased from site.
Abe 3D 15.jpg

cdiesel

Honestly, this is better than what you had. I'm still not feeling it though.

In my opinion, you should spend some time and develop a solid logo and build from there. Pull some of the color out of the logo you come up with an do some nice decorative stripes along the awning. The hodgepodge of images just doesn't work.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
So your rationale is, lets keep the inner city looking "inner city". Just because its a crappy area does not mean you do crappy logo work....

Marlene

the sign itself isn't bad. I like the silver part of it with the food mart. can you extend the silver up and then attach the channel letters to that? also, can you use a different font for Abe's?. the channel letters on top of the sign looks more like an after thougth. the sign creates a nice entry way. the panels that run off from it where you have the graphics conflicts with the stainless steel look of the sign.

Marco

Thank you Marlene, I'll try your suggestion for sure - metal. I did the original version in fabric (I'll post soon as I can get to my computer), but thought about having to build a bit more than budgeted. What I mean is that I will have to build snow diverter on top of existing roof, something bit more like a dormer. I'll post graphic soon.

Marco

Thank you Marlene, Signmaniac for your input; changing those items, making changes and reposting later.

Marco

So your rationale is, lets keep the inner city looking "inner city". Just because its a crappy area does not mean you do crappy logo work....
Hi Rick, no, don't want it to come across this way... inner city = crappy. I'm an inner city boy myself. I prefer colorful canvas instead of the client first request. Client wants to see beer, wine, lotto, coffee, etc. spelled out. We've seen this in every corner store up and down the street in this area. I want to take this to another level, I'm doing it in photos; it's risky but I will take my chances. I wished the client had the budget to do a full color digital sign like those in Las Vegas, but is not the case here; recently we installed a full color digital sign 2'x30' that carried a price tag of 25k. I am not designing a logo here, and it is not in my interest to do so. My job here is to apply color to the walls, and install new signage including the custom built canopy. Hope I have answered some of your questions and will try to be more careful in my writing so as not to offend you or anyone else.
Regards, Marco.

Marco

as promised for Marlene

abes.jpg
Marlene, this was my first design; design from a week ago. The first design included a digital sign on the face in front of the building, the client later requested that the digital sign be moved to the freestanding sign. The client ask for a second design and requested additional items. The budget was increased as well so I have decided to take another direction to fit the budget as well.

Craig Sjoquist

Well I'll be a fan of Post #12 it's new and expressive and post # 21 identity is much better then the past ones but way to much green RED or orange or yellow and blue can be use for the colors of convience store