• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For All the Facebook Lovers

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Lately I've been getting this message through my website from various internet troublemakers:

Very good site to ***a href=https://accounts-store.com/catalog/facebook/***buy facebook accounts with friends***/a*** and other!

I read this to mean that any Facebook page may be a fake ... complete with friends being listed, that you can buy. The fake pages designed to get you to do something regrettable.

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I think Facebook is already wise to this. I admin my company's Facebook page as well as a couple civic club pages. I've been receiving messages from FB about them rolling out a "new feature" to reduce spam to FB page accounts.

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
Unfortunately it is a necessary evil for businesses these days. There are some advantages I hear, the only one I know of is that it can help boost your website SEO (link back to your site). I use it, but I really hate it and wish it would die.

gnubler

Only one of my local competitors has a FB page for his shop. The most views he's probably ever had were from me one time, scrolling through all their images for the past 7 years to see which signs in town they've done (covert recon). The other sign shops near me don't even have functioning websites. I don't use FB in my personal life and never will, but am once again toying with the idea solely to improve SEO.

I think Tex is correct...it's mainly a venue for baby pictures, angry women, and old people.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Only one of my local competitors has a FB page for his shop. The most views he's probably ever had were from me one time, scrolling through all their images for the past 7 years to see which signs in town they've done (covert recon). The other sign shops near me don't even have functioning websites. I don't use FB in my personal life and never will, but am once again toying with the idea solely to improve SEO.

I think Tex is correct...it's mainly a venue for baby pictures, angry women, and old people.
And food pictures! At least, that's why I'm there. Oh, and I'm an old people.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't know a thing about FB, and really don't need to know as it seems senseless from what everybody is always saying about it. You can't really control it the way you'd like, unless you spend some bucks. The risk of bad reviews is front and center and can ruin you in a few minutes or hours. No thanks.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Unfortunately it is a necessary evil for businesses these days. There are some advantages I hear, the only one I know of is that it can help boost your website SEO (link back to your site). I use it, but I really hate it and wish it would die.
We tried using facebook ads for our business a few years ago. It didn't equate to increase business sales.
We push our google page and use the hashtags to promote our business. It seems to be what draws people in and it's free. But, I think the key is to post lots of pictures. people like to look at the pictures.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, for those who use this FB kinda stuff...... what kinda jobs are coming in ?? Hats, shirts and business cards ?? Maybe a few trucks from a local plumber or electrician ?? Doing a backlit for a restaurant or game shop ?? How 'bout some signs for the local hospital or downtown civic center ?? I'm really curious.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So, for those who use this FB kinda stuff...... what kinda jobs are coming in ?? Hats, shirts and business cards ?? Maybe a few trucks from a local plumber or electrician ?? Doing a backlit for a restaurant or game shop ?? How 'bout some signs for the local hospital or downtown civic center ?? I'm really curious.
Decals of Calvin Peeing on something...

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I copy the same post on FB, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google Business. Like any advertising, it is hard to tell exactly what it is drawing in. I don’t spend any money to promote or pay for ads. From what I can tell, LinkedIn gets way more exposure and response than all the others put together. I get a lot of comments IN PERSON about my posts on LinkedIn. It is a B2B platform, and has much less garbage going on than the other platforms. I am not an SEO expert, but social media postings (and responses, activity, etc from those postings) help your SEO rankings. I don’t know how much the social media posts help, but I do know that people finding our website is important. Outside of referrals, it is the most important selling tool we have. I have gained a couple of very large customers in the last couple of years, and they approached me solely on the basis of our website. One of those large customers actually told me “I was given your name and xxx company. I looked at your websites, I can definitely tell you do the type of work I am looking for. I am not even going to meet with the other company”.

gnubler

We push our google page and use the hashtags to promote our business. It seems to be what draws people in and it's free. But, I think the key is to post lots of pictures. people like to look at the pictures.
I think you mentioned this in another thread and I plan on improving my Google profile, most of it is empty. Besides word of mouth, I think most people find me from a Google map search. I've done just that, acting like a customer, and my shop is the first result.

I think Stacey mentioned she gets great results from her FB page, but everyone else seems to avoid it, or wants to. Just thinking about using it for the business makes me feel dirty.