• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For Sh!ts & Giggles.....................................................................

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
If a telemarketer happens to catch me in a snarky mood, I'll pick up the phone with the ultimate goal of seeing how long I can keep them on the line.

I believe my record is almost eleven minutes.

One day, a rather naive young Asian (I presume) gal called and asked me if I'd be interested in purchasing "XYZ". I told her that I certainly was, with the understanding that it came with a free colonoscopy.

So...for the next ten minutes, I would enthusiastically counter every one of her questions with small talk concerning the free procedure...like a kid anticipating a trip to Disney. She never missed a beat with her sales pitch, but politely ended our conversation when she determined it was going nowhere.

Since every call is typically "recorded for quality purposes", I'm fairly certain our visit made it to the Monday morning staff meeting.

Ed Bassmaster is my inspiration for this kind of stuff.

JB

John Miller

Next time you get a call for an extended car warranty, press 1 to speak with a representative. When you’re asked what car you would like a warranty on tell them you drive a 1904 Stanley Steamer or a 1934 Duesenberg model J. That usually ends the call. As for loans, I always ask if I have to pay it back.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Just got a call... Some "market research survey". All I did was say hello when I answered, then hung up on the first question. (Something about working for the media blah blah). Then I called the number back, and got a recording about what button to push if I want to speak directly to someone if I want to sell my house...